Sunday, March 20, 2011

MMS 2011 - Las Vegas



Well, finally after 15 hours travelling -7.5 hours from Dublin to Philadelphia, 2 hour stop in Philly and then a 5.5 hour flight to Vegas - I've arrived in my hotel and am going through the full motions of jet lag!!

Went to sleep at 10.30 p.m. local time (around 04.30 a.m. Irish Time) and woke up bright eyed and bushytailed at 04.00 a.m. local time (11.00 a.m. Irish Time)!! My body still thinks it's back in Ireland and I think it's gonna take me a couple of days to get back on track!

The flight from Dublin was like an endurance test but the flight from Philadelphia to Vegas was quite interesting. I got talking to a really nice guy sitting beside me on the plane and it turns out he's going to be one of the presenters over in MMS 2011 and he had some really cool stuff to talk about during our 5 and a half hour flight! He confirmed what we were hoping for in OpsMgr 2012 that it would have much better dashboarding and reporting capabilities and also some really cool new features that I'll wait to blog about once I've attended the sessions during the week.

I also got to see some slides based around AviCode and that's another session I'm looking forward to seeing over the next few days.

There is a lot of buzz building over here too based around the new System Center offering codenamed Microsoft 'Concero'. It's a cloud management portal that will allow customers to manage both on premises Hyper V and SCVMM implementations in tandem with off premises services running on Azure and Azure appliances.

So, I have it all to look forward to over the next week, I'll keep the blog updated with all the new products and features as I hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment