Update: The full recording for this webinar is now available for viewing here.
What you'll learn..
In this webinar we'll show you how to drastically enhance your log file monitoring capabilities with SCOM using the free Log File MP from NiCE. If you haven't already deployed this management pack, then you're missing a trick and I'd suggest you download and start playing with it now.
The management pack takes the initial (and fairly basic) out-of-the-box idea Microsoft had for monitoring log files with SCOM and turbo-enhances it with some seriously cool features that delivers many more new and interesting monitoring scenarios for your SCOM environments.
Sounds great, what's the catch?
Thankfully, there's no catch. When I initially spoke with NiCE about collaborating on this with them, I was curious to know why they wanted to deliver a webinar based solely on a free product that people can download and fully deploy without any obligation (as opposed to running a webinar that promotes any of the awesome paid-for management packs they have in their portfolio).
Unsurprisingly (given how focused a company NiCE have always been with their free contributions to the SCOM ecosystem), they want this webinar to serve two main purposes:
- Spread the word to anyone who hasn't yet worked with their Log File MP and encourage them to deploy it.
- Educate people who have previously imported the MP on new scenario's and capabilities that they probably aren't aware it has.
Agenda and Takeaways
We'll have a number of different presenters during the webinar including NiCE Product Director (and all-round good guy) Christian Heitkamp, myself and also the guys from the Log File MP development team will be on hand to answer any real deep-dive log file monitoring questions that you might have.
Here's how things should pan out on the day:
- Learn new best-practices on how to use the NiCE Log File MP
- Popular use cases explained and demonstrated by MVP Kevin Greene
- Sneak preview of upcoming new features and road-map
- Download access to the free management pack along with some free examples after Webinar
- Chance to ask NiCE experts all your questions
Date and Times
Date: Thursday April 21st, 2016
Place: Microsoft ‘Skype for Business’ – Online Webinar
Times: 16:00-16:45 – Central Europe Time Zone
10:00-10:45 – North American Eastern Time Zone
15:00-15:45 – UTC/GMT
If you're managing or deploying SCOM environments and this sounds like something you'd be interested in, then you can register for the webinar via the NiCE IT Management Solutions website here: