This release is part of the long term servicing channel (LTSC) license model and comes with a support bandwidth of 10 years.
With full support for Windows Server 2019 across the stack, here's some of the additional capabilities that you get with System Center 2019:
- VMM integration with Azure Update Management for simplified patching of virtual machines.
- Better SCOM integration with Azure services such as Service Map to create automatic Distributed Application models based on server dependencies.
- Azure Management Pack brings comprehensive alert and performance metrics from Azure resources into SCOM.
- Along with a modernized and extensible SCOM full HTML web console, subscriptions and notifications are now modernized with support for HTML based email.
- Maintenance schedules in SCOM with SQL server AlwaysOn are now supported.
- SCOM Update and Recommendations feature for Linux workloads enables discovery of up-to-date MPs for Linux environments.
- Linux monitoring is now resilient to SCOM management server failover.
- All Windows Server Management Packs now support Windows Server 2019.
- Dynamic Storage Optimization in VMM enables higher availability of workloads.
- VMM now provides health and operational status of storage disks in Hyper Converged as well as disaggregated deployment.
- New RBAC role in VMM ensures that IT admins can be provided access commensurate with their role and no more.
- Support for latest versions of VMware in VMM (to enable migration to Hyper-V).
- Faster backups with DPM with a 75% increase in speed and a monitoring experience for key backup parameters via Log Analytics.
- DPM further supports backup of VMWare VMs including to tape.
- Orchestrator supports PowerShellv4+.
- Service Manager has an enhanced Active Directory connector.
- Support for service logon across the System Center suite aligning with security best practice.